Disclaimer

Please, proceed carefully following the tips published in this blog, specially when Main Power is involved. I'm not responsible for any damages caused by what is written in this blog.
Thank you

Sunday 11 November 2018

Home Automation System - Let's make it cleaner



It's time to put in order my things and idea about my Home Automation System project



In particular:

openHAB: there's a little confusion on logical name of item and things

MQTT: topic names are a little complicated to be memorized

Software: I have a lot of custom firmware version wrote for my custom devices (see ESP8266...)

Hardware: my custom devices are always "unfinished", with "live" wires...I'd like to packaging them

Let's start from the last point

The first device which needs a good packaging, also for security purpose, is the power meter, placed on the main floor (see https://domoticsduino.blogspot.com/2018/05/home-automation-system-energy.html)

Some weeks ago, I bought some plastic boxes. Here is the mail bag



and these are the boxes...two different sizes



I hope both PZEM-004T and ESP8266 will fit together



Perfect fit. Now I will try to run the wires through the hole


Ok, now I put it in its right place...hoping it will work as before



Luckily, it works as expected. Next packages will be the device involved in monitoring the photovoltaic production and basement consumption (see https://domoticsduino.blogspot.com/2018/10/home-automation-system-two-pzem-004t.html) and the device with gas, temperature and humidity sensors (see https://domoticsduino.blogspot.com/2017/11/home-automation-system-my-first-sensors.html)


-----------------------------------------------------
Similar items used in this project
-----------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment